Welcome to Demon Tweeks new sim racing series with McLaren Factory GT3 driver Joe Osborne and in-house sim expert Gaz! If you missed them, check out episode 1 which focuses on pedals and episode 2, which highlighted the best wheels and wheelbases!
Over the next few episodes we’ll be discussing everything from sim racing pedals, steering wheels and bases to computers, monitors, rigs and even “simwear”.
How close to a GT3 car does it feel?
In episode #3 of Sim Racing 101 we tested out Overclockers Pro Gaming PC, the Trak Racer TR160 Aluminium Sim Racing Cockpit and the Trak Racer TR8020 Floor Mounted Quad Monitor Stand. How close can we get the immersion to Joe’s real McLaren GT3 car? Watch the video to find out!
Check out all the products from this episode below:
Overclockers Pro Gaming PC
The Pro gaming PC from Overclockers had been developed to offer a swift and powerful gaming experience at a great price. The heart of the PC features the very latest AMD Ryzen 5 5600 six core processor and 32GB DDR4 RAM for incredibly fast multi-tasking performance. An ASUS GeForce RTX 3060Ti 8GB graphics card ensures truly amazing high resolution performance. This means it is able to run iRacing at high settings, it also has the ability to run at high frames a second, which is key to gaining the perfect line on track!
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core 4.6GHz (AM4) processor
- ASUS GeForce RTX 3060Ti Dual OC 8GB GDDR6 graphics card
- Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB cache hard drive
- WD Blue SN550 500GB SSD NVME M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 solid state drive
- ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi) (AMD AM4) B550 ATX motherboard
Trak Racer TR160 Aluminium Sim Racing Cockpit
The TR160 Aluminium sim racing cockpit is the premium cockpit from Trak Racer that has been designed with their experience since they started in 2008. This cockpit is fully adjustable with the ability to adjust the seating, wheelbase, and pedal positions to get you in a comfortable and perfect driving position. It also has a variety of pedal plate options and can withstand forces of over 25Nm.
- The base structure is a 160mm × 40mm high-end aluminium T-slot extruded profile, anodised in black with oversized structure for added strength
- The shifter mount has a sliding function for a more precise position and is predrilled for all major brands of shifters and handbrakes
- Dual locking premium seat sliders have a lift up activation lever that will enable you to put the seat in the perfect position
Trak Racer TR8020 Floor Mounted Quad Monitor Stand
This TR8020 floor mounted stand from Trak Racer provides a strong and sturdy platform for mounting up to 4 TV’s / monitors up to 45″ each. The mount is fully adjustable for height, width and angle to allow for the ideal monitor positioning.
- Suitable for use with most Sim cockpits
- High grade aluminium profile construction for high strength with no flex or sagging
- VESA mounting plates for universal monitor mounting
- Mounts 4 monitors up to 45″ each
All of this means that you can focus on improving your lap times and winning races, having the confidence that you have some of the best gear on the market.
Enjoyed this? Read more of our latest news:
- Sim Racing 101 Series | Episode #1: Pedals
- Sim Racing 101 Series | Episode #2: Wheels & Wheelbases
- Building a Sim Rig
Where To Next?
Looking for the latest motorsport parts and accessories? Check out our wide range from top brands.
Want to know more about our story? Learn about who we are and why we’ve been driven by passion for over 50 years.
Interested in everything we do? Catch up on all the latest Demon Tweeks news.